Friday, October 31, 2014

What about the Layout?

Introduction

One thing you have to do is decide on the layout for the blog. There are many choices available. Pick one and make slow modifications to find what you like.

Many choices

Blogspot gives a zillion layouts for a blog, and I didn't know which one to choose. That's because I'm pretending not to know anything about blogging. Surely there is a "best" layout for the blog I want, but I don't even know why I want this blog. Oh, that's right, it is to prove I don't know how to write!

Pick one 

Every idea starts with a point of expansion and grows from there. Guess what?! It doesn't matter WHICH layout you choose because you will eventually change it! I picked the default layout which is a plain white screen. That suits me fine for now. Later, as I make more posts, I may change it. 

Make slow modifications

When I previewed this blog, I saw the type was that gray that is impossible for old eyes to read. So, I clicked the layout button and figured out where to globally change the default font color. I had a few stumbles, but eventually I solved the problem. When in doubt, Google how before asking how. Google is awake all the time. 

Conclusion

Start with any layout, but don't stress over the perfect layout. As you learn, you may find a better one or figure out the best way to work with the layout you chose! Either way, get to writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment